Philadelphia area railroad manufacturer is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as Machinist. UTC | RAS is a leader in the manufacturing of wheels, axles, and gearboxes for the railroad industry.
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Operates machinery to support the production of many different wheels, axles, and various tooling needs.
- Manual Machinist would work primarily with horizontal lathes, Bridgeports, and various other machinery.
- Provide feedback to management in an attempt to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Be a team player and support the team environment among the Machine Shop staff and assist wherever is necessary.
- Follow production schedules in order to meet customer requirements.
- Complete and maintain documentation in accordance with industry standards and as set forth by your manager.
Candidate shall meet the following requirements:
- Previous experience with CNC and/or Manual machines such as lathes and grinders is highly preferred.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with peers and Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Willingness to work overtime on an as needed basis.
- Ability to edit CNC Programming is preferred.
- Relevant education may be considered in lieu of meeting the work experience minimum listed above.
More about the position & company:
- Located in Morton, PA (about 10 minute drive from the airport)
- First Shift Hours are 7:00am to 3:30pm
- We are interested in speaking with both lightly experienced Machinists (1-2 years) and very experienced Machinists (2+ years) to fill these roles.
- UTC|RAS is a rapidly growing business, this is an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.
- We offer a competitive salary & benefit package based upon experience.
- Independence Blue Cross covers our health insurance (medical, dental, & vision)
- Company matched 401k available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.