VJC International, a full-service recruiting firm is currently hiring a CNC Operator for our client located in RI. Must be able to perform series of machining operations; turning, boring, threading, drilling, tapping, milling and facing on metal work pieces such as castings, forgings, and bar stock according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts, and proper tuning procedures.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity with a world class manufacturer of precision components used in automotive and aerospace/defense industries. Great culture and rapidly growing. Huge potential for advancement.
- Ability to work according to blueprints, read job orders, tooling instructions, and manufacturing router.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with solid understanding of Fanuc, Maztrol controls
- Must be proficient with hand tools (micrometers, calipers, gages)
What Will Be Expected From You
- Produces parts to drawing specifications accurately and in the shortest possible cycle time
- Sets-up and operates equipment efficiently and accurately
- Checks each part to ensure that all dimensions, tolerance and surface finish requirements are met
- Observes operation and adjusts equipment accordingly to utilize best practices
- Utilizes machining knowledge to determine type of holding fixture, crush role and wheel configuration to be used to insure a safe and efficient set-up of equipment
- Positions and secures tools in tool holders on turret and work piece in chuck or collet using wrenches and other hand tools.
- Programs controls to set specified rotation speeds, feed rates, and depth of cuts as well as the proper sequence of machining
- Observes operation and adjusts equipment to utilize best practices
- Indexes turret and adjusts positions of tools at each station in relation to work piece to assure clearance between moving parts and machining of specified dimensions and tolerances.
- Verifies conformance of machined work pieces to specifications, using micrometers, calipers and fixed gauges
- Adjust coolant flow for optimum performance
- May computer such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, feed rates, and machining times using knowledge of shop mathematics and reference tables or information
- Notifies lead and other personnel of production problems and assists in identifying and correcting these problems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Acts in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment
- Pays close attention to the details of the tasks being performed in the area
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and conduct that conforms to organization’s values and culture
- Assures all work is processed in a swift and a timely fashion with high quality result
- Possess strong self-motivation, drive and takes initiative to reach goals and target assignments
- Identifies and addresses safety concerns and adheres to all safety guidelines
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Vocational School preferred or High school diploma / GED
- 3 years CNC experience
- Computer literate with specific knowledge of software languages associated with Fanuc and Mazak
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary