Job ID: 139535
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The function of the CNC Operator is to operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts, load parts in the machine, cycles machine, and detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
We have openings on 1st & 2nd Shift
1st: 4:45 am - 3:15 pm
2nd: 3:15 pm - 1:45 am
Mon - Thurs. with potential for OT Friday & Saturday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts; load parts in the machine, cycles machine, and detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools
- Be quality minded; always strive for continuous improvement and scrap reduction
- Must be flexible with working hours to react to changes in production needs
- Read architectural and mechanical drawings
- Communicate with co-workers regarding production runs
- Depending on workload, may also be required to work in Machining
- Maintain a safe, organized work environment
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Customer service Orientated and able to adapt to change
- Quality minded. Must always strive for continuous improvement and scrap reduction
- Must be flexible with working hours and able to work required overtime to react to changes in production needs
- Ability to read architectural and mechanical drawings
- Must have thorough knowledge of all set-ups
- Standard PC skills like e-mailing, cut, copy, and pasting are a must
- Working knowledge of gauging technologies
- Knowledge and skill to set-up and run CNC equipment
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate degree (preferred, not required) or minimum of 2 years of related experience
- MS Word and Excel experience is highly desirable
- Experience machining aluminum a plus
- Practical G&M programming code experience highly desirable
- Ability to lift/move a maximum of 75 lbs. intermittently
- Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.