The CNC Programmer designs programs for 5-Axis CNC Machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creating CAD using CATIA software.
- Creating programs for CNC machines.
- Creating and maintaining documentation.
- Ensuring product configuration and conformity.
- Reviews Planning Sheets provided by Estimating or Manufacturing Engineer.
- Reviews customer's drawings, and specifications when creating designs and programs.
- Using drawings and specs along with digitized data points, designs and programs.
- Determines the proper tooling set-up data and incorporates it in the programs.
- Creates a "proof" program to verify configuration and then present to Q.C. for Buy-off.
- Assist in setting-up and operating CNC machines
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Must be able to meet or exceed the minimum math component score on the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test
- 1+ years of experience in CATIA 5-axis programming and operation of 5-axis CNC machines
- Programming certificate – CATIA preferred
- CAD experience preferred (specifically CATIA V5)
- ASME Y14.5 training (40+ hours)
- Ability to satisfactorily use computer based software tools
- Aerospace or commercial aircraft industry experience is a plus.
- Experience working with non-metallic honeycomb materials is a plus