***Please insert your unique job description or complete each of the sections below***
JOB TITLE: FIM Engineer
• Requires High school degree and 2+years job-related experience or degree in related field. A combination of education and applicable work experience will be strongly considered
• General Computer Skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio) Google Earth and Adobe Pro.
• Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes.
• Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation.
• Analytical Skills - The ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
• Research various websites for GIS data applicable to each project.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to learn FIM and other suite of clienttools
• Strong Verbal and Written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or in the field with limited supervision while in the field.
• Follows standard organizational practices and guidelines.
• Conduct Research to locate and obtain existing databases.
• Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports.
• Design and update database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations.
• Move, copy, delete, and add files, drawings, and maps to output reports in hard copy or electronic transfer.
• Convert electronic files to PDF and upload to File Management Database.
• Enter fiber or facility data into client FIM system from other client systems or from paper based records
• Update client systems with scheduled and actual completion dates of assignments for projects