We are excited to announce the job opening for a Communications Manager at our Corporate Headquarters in Kansas City, MO. The successful candidate will create, implement, and manage the strategic, internal and external communications to effectively describe and promote the organization and its products and services. This position will report to the Executive Vice President of Human Resources.
Develop and implement a short and long-term communication strategy for the Company's internal and external communication to increase employee awareness, promote productivity and maintain a positive image of the Company.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary point person for all internal communications: intranet site, newsletter, internal announcements, corporate videos, and company events, working collaboratively with the management team.
- Serve as the primary point person for all external communications: press releases, articles, news stories, and media events.
- Partner with the Marketing Department to ensure communication is consistent for all print and online advertising, branding, email marketing, web site, fact sheets, white papers, and marketing collateral.
- Assist in the preparation of executive presentations and/or speeches to keep employees and external stakeholders informed of Company developments and announcements.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with various entities of importance including the media, members of the community, public affairs offices, and other business/industry organizations.
- Identify and coordinate an appropriate employee presence at PR events to include charitable fund raisers, heavy equipment industry events, and employee activities.
- Observe the social, economic, and political trends that may affect the organization and make recommendations to enhance the Company's image based on those trends.
- Cultivate collaborative working relationships with internal departments to remain informed of new initiatives and activities.
- Regularly provide updates to the executive staff regarding department activities.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications plus a minimum of five (5) years related media/public relations/communications experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Must have the ability to confidently and professionally speak in public, at Company sponsored events and/or deliver presentations on behalf of the Company.
- Excellent organizational, planning, project management and time management skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work by defined deadlines.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media including desktop publishing experience.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional image.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of business and community leaders with a verifiable track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers.
- APR certification is a plus.
- Familiarity of the Kansas City area and community is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated effective written communications skills and proven ability to understand, interpret, and write complex information; demonstrated excellent oral communication skills by clearly presenting information through the spoken word in positive and negative circumstances.
- Must have exhibited independent judgment by making sound, justifiable decisions and taking action in solving problems.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Computer proficiency in and ability to utilize all of Windows and MS Professional Office standard applications.
- Ability to travel as needed (approximately15% of time).
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level. Some travel required for attending company functions and visiting various UOS locations.
Most work requires normal physical effort.
Requires moderate use of personal computer for compiling reports, statistical data, composing memoranda and other similar documents.
- Base salary based on experience.
- This is a full-time position with standard benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, vacation pay, STD, LTD, and life insurance.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts