Our WINGERSVALLEY FAIR MALLALEHOUSE is currently looking for Cooks to join our amazing team! If you are a responsible, well-rounded, and teamwork-oriented person, we would love to meet you! Experience NOT required, but preferred. Various shifts are available.
APPLY IN PERSON Monday through Thursday between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. 3671 S. 2700 W. or respond to this ad.
Wingers Cook Job Description
Accurately prepare and cook product to Create Amazing Experiences for our guests
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to standardized recipes.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Prepares and portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipes specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, saute burners, range and refrigeration equipment.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sauteing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Be able to lift, reach, bend, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing up to 50 pounds
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Collaboration skills
- Customer focus
- Stress management & composure
- May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on location
- Varied weather conditions are expected
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts
- May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
WINGERS knows that you need a comfortable and dependable local spot to watch a sports game, eat some delicious American food, and drink a cold beer. We've perfected the art of giving you the comfort of a classic diner with the energy of your local bar.
WINGERS is a family owned and operated company, based in Utah, that strives to spread the ideals of integrity and consistency in an effort to Create Amazing Experiences. These ideals begin with our incredible teams of servers, cooks, hosts, and managers. WINGERS has a personal investment in each employee and encourages mentorship, leadership, and upward growth within the organization.