In this role, you will partner with the engineering team to develop and build new cable harnesses and cable assemblies. You will build samples, prototypes, and create manufacturing work instructions. You’ll also work with Manufacturing Technicians to transition the new harness and cable assembly orders to manufacturing. This is a direct hire position offering competitive pay and industry leading benefits! Located in NW Twin Cities suburbs.
- Evaluate new product development and sample requests
- Build harnesses and cable assemblies
- Partner with Project Engineering, Manufacturing Technicians, and Product Management to identify and implement product improvements
- Document manufacturing processes.
- Work with engineering team for design changes
- Document tooling for harnesses and cable assemblies. Suggest fixtures where needed. Evaluate automated processes and tools where applicable.
- Develop work instructions for production and partner with manufacturing technician to ensure appropriate process is defined. This may also include marking up existing drawings
- Work with Project Engineers to update Bill of Materials as needed for design changes
- Perform time studies for new item development, sample and production related projects.
- Author Engineering Change Orders including why an Engineering Change Order is needed and determining the course of action for related products and communicating these tasks to all necessary groups.
- Work closely with suppliers to trouble shoot quality issues
- Operate the basic functions of equipment used for harness and cable assembly manufacturing.
- Follow safety rules and keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition through practicing the 5’s.
- Two year technical degree and three years of experience working with harnesses and/or cable assemblies.
- A strong understanding of electronics and mechanical design.
- Must be able to work with Outlook and other computer related business programs. Communication skills are critical working with various teams, from concept into production.
- Understanding of connectors (and connector assembly) is a must.
- Ability to run automated and semi-automated machines (Wire Cutting Machines, Crimping Machines, Braiding Machine, etc.).
- Understanding of AutoCAD is a plus.