The NACS Customer Site office of Black Box Network Services provides 24X7X365 managed service support for all telecommunication, network, and infrastructure within a large campus environment and throughout smaller campus locations. The on-site office is dedicated to achieve operational efficiency and effectiveness through an established service management system following industry standard best practices, with customer satisfaction as our highest priority.
Black Box Network Services has an opportunity for a skilled Infrastructure Technician responsible for the installation, service, maintenance, and repair of low voltage communication cable.
• Perform installation and service of low voltage communication cable, including: fiber optic structured cable distribution; Category 3, 5, 6 twisted pair copper cable; and coaxial cable.
• Cable Infrastructure troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair.
• Perform fiber optic and copper cable testing, utilizing OTDR, power meters, and cable testing equipment.
• Attend meetings and conduct surveys with the customer and Black Box Engineers to identify job specifications.
• Develop scope of work documentation and work with engineers to define infrastructure requirements.
• Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to established service management procedures.
• Responsibly manage and maintain both Black Box and Customer provided equipment, materials, and tools between office and work site.
• Foster collaborative working relationships throughout the organization, while effectively communicating with all team members.
• Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
• Must be available for on-call scheduling and respond to emergency service situations during and after hours to ensure all service level requirements are achieved.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Minimum of (5) years of Cable Infrastructure systems (inside and outside)/Cabling installation experience within the IT Service Industry
• Associates degree or certification in technology services or technical discipline.
• Proven ability to install, terminate, and test low voltage twisted pair cable, coax, and fiber optic cable (single mode and multimode).
• Familiar with OTDR, Power Meters, and cable testing equipment.
• Familiar with and able to reference current ANSI/TIA/EIA Standards with UCR and NEC standards.
• Industry and manufacturer specific experience and/or certifications preferred (examples: Panduit, CommScope, Siemens, Corning, Leviton, Ortronics, AV, Fiber Optic, Paging, etc.).
• Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
• Must be able to climb ladders, bend, access ceilings, manholes, closets, etc.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Project)
• Class E Driver's license required
• Excellence in customer service
• Upon offer of employment, candidate must be able to successfully complete a (10) year FBI Background Check
Does not have supervisory responsibilities
Hours: 7:30AM- 4:30PM Monday thru Friday, possible OT after hours and on-call., temp-to-perm, would like to convert after 3 months if they work out.
No travel, will need driver's license