AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned companies in the United States. Employer Ownership means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other with respect. Every member of our team has a vested interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have the same goals – particularly in service to our nation’s War Fighters; providing, team-focused, mission-essential support in challenging environments. Being truly effective means pushing beyond basic requirements. We build skilled and committed teams of experts. We conduct our work with a sense of purpose; loyal to the mission, our clients, each other and to the long-term success of the company.
Work independently or as part of a team performing various tasks such as pulling, terminating and testing copper and fiber cable, installing cable tray and various other types of cable support hardware. Uses hand tools, including various punch tools, test equipment, and various power tools such as hammer drills and saws. Uses various types of copper and fiber cable and termination hardware as well as termination and testing procedures used on a day to day basis. Depending on job level, has knowledge of various cable plant configurations such as STAR, BUS and RING and working knowledge of various cable plant configurations use to support such networks as ETHERNET, TOKEN-RING and FDDI. Has working knowledge of EIA/TIA requirements such as distance limitations and pin configurations. Capable of reading blueprints and cut-sheets as well as generating test reports and as-built drawings.
- Must currently possess TS/SCI
- Capable of demonstrating the proper procedures for installing, terminating, testing, troubleshooting and documenting a cable plant system to team members.
- Capable of generating an equipment list and bill of material for completing a specific task.
- Capable of interfacing with the customer as required on a day to day basis, and informing their project manager of any possible problems or changes in the scope of work.
- High School plus specialized training, and minimum 5 years cabling experience.
- Ability to lift 50+lbs
- Ability to work in a labor intensive installation environment requiring ladder work, floor work, bending, crawling.
- Ability to read/write/speak English fluently.
- Ability to differentiate color when terminating multi-color cabling.
Click Here To Apply