Trescal is a growing company, looking for new talent to join our organization! We are the premier independent calibration, repair, and asset services provider in the U.S. We provide our customers single-source, cost-effective, best-in-class solutions.
Our team is comprised of talented professionals who excel at providing industry leading calibration, repair and asset management services to our customers. As an employee at Trescal, you will join a people-centric company with an incredible culture. We encourage new ideas and suggestions in order to continue to offer both customers and employees the services and benefits in a dynamic, global marketplace. We value teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, and dynamic engagement. Does Trescal sound like the place for you? Then join our team!
We have a great opportunity for a Calibration Technician II to join our team at our customer's location in Melbourne, Florida. In this role you will:
* Perform calibrations on medium to high level test and measurement instrumentation at our customer’s location (on-site)
* Use your troubleshooting, repair, and calibration knowledge to work on unique equipment
* Be responsible for customer satisfaction on all equipment and services
* Create and verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based upon specifications and approved procedures
As a Calibration Technician II you must possess:
*Military (PMEL) experience or two years of a technical associates degree
*Minimum of four years of commercial or military laboratory experience
*Experienced in calibrating several disciplines of test and measurement equipment used in conjunction with the repair and calibration of electronic, mechanical, and dimensional devices
*Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements
And we would prefer:
*Knowledge of ANSI / NCSL Z-540-1 and ISO 9000
*Experience using LabView and Met/Cal
We believe people are the most important part of every business, which is why we offer more benefits than a great health insurance plan. At Trescal, we have a strong track record of retaining our employees by providing challenging work experiences, learning and development opportunities, and a success oriented collaborative environment. In addition, we offer paid time off, a 401k plan, career development opportunities, referral bonuses, and a competitive benefit package.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page at JOBS.TRESCAL.US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Title: calibration technician Level: 2
This caliber technician is required to perform calibrations on medium to high level test and measurement instrumentation and assist in general laboratory duties as assigned. This person should be able to troubleshoot and repair simple malfunctions. The technician must be self-motivated and rarely requires guidance from other personnel in the measurements it is proficient. Collateral duties may be assigned as a permanent part of the position description depending on individual’s abilities.
Source of Supervision: Branch/Laboratory Manager or designee
- Requires little supervision and guidance regarding calibration and troubleshooting
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures,
- Ensure customer satisfaction and timely turn-around on all equipment and service,
- Perform calibration of medium to high level test and measurement equipment with little supervision,
- Coordinate and lead teams for field calibration and maintenance,
- Seek and provide sales leads whenever possible,
- Create and may be called upon to verify calibration data sheets for technical content and accuracy based upon instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures,
- Develop calibration procedures to meet the needs of the customer while supporting traceability of the measurements,
- Complete all documentation associated with position accurately and efficiently while maintaining a 5 % or less of the combined Quality Documentation Inspection (QDI) and Process Verification Inspection (PVI) discrepancy rates,
- Maintain technical proficiency and effectiveness through various means such as self-study, local college and internal training programs as well as through proficiency testing,
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner,
- May assist the Laboratory Manager in training technicians and educating customers when needed,
- May assist Quality Assurance in developing uncertainty budgets,
- Ensure that preventative maintenance of the laboratory’s equipment is performed in a timely and acceptable manner,
- Performing daily inspections of the incoming equipment to verify: accessories and manuals are available, malfunctions of customer instrumentation, and to change equipment status when appropriate.
- Military (PMEL) experience or two years of a technical associates degree
- Minimum of 4 years of commercial or military laboratory experience
knowledge/Skills/Abilities (ksa) Required:
- Basic knowledge of metrology practices and theories, analog and digital circuit analysis,
- Experienced in calibrating several disciplines of test and measurement equipment used in conjunction with the repair and calibration of electronic, mechanical, acoustical, chemical, thermal and/or dimensional devices,
- Possess basic troubleshooting and repair capabilities, and the ability to work on unique equipment with product information,
- Proficient in Windows-based and laboratory automation software,
- Ability to evaluate appropriate standards and scope of accreditation to determine if these tools are acceptable for calibrating M&TE,
- Working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 requirements,
- Skilled in communication with customers and peers, including the ability to mentor and train.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 lbs
Click Here To Apply