Licensed medical practitioner to oversee the medical screening of campers and distribution of daily medications to campers and staff under 18 years old. Basic first aid and access treatment needs as necessary.
Must be 21 or older. Ideal for graduate working on higher degree or school nurse.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
- distribute and record daily camper meds
- Ability to move around the reservation
- Ability to work cooperatively with camp staff
- Registered member of BSA - will register
- 21 years of age or older
- Perform any tasks beyond those assigned as help is needed.
- Provide leadership in the camp’s risk management program.
- Supervise health assistant and/or first aid position.
- Develop a resource file and obtain information and/or literature concerning health in the camp community.
- Be responsible for contacting parents concerning the status of their child’s health by telephone in the following situations: any injury requiring an x-ray, illness requiring an infirmary stay and emergency treatment/accident, etc.
- Be knowledgeable of outside health resources.
- Evaluate medical services.
Qualifications and Skills
Massachusetts Licensed Medical Practitioner, CPR certified
Seasonal employment, meals provided. Will provide free camp to children 7-17 yrs of age.
Click here to complete the online application to become a part of our camp family.