Capital Projects – Sr. Project Manager
This position manages all aspects of University construction projects from conception through closeout, and requires a wide range of expertise in building planning, design and construction. The Senior PM is responsible for project scope, budget and schedule, and is expected to protect the assets and resources of the University. The position's goals are to add value, ensure quality, maintain budget and schedule, and provide leadership for each project. The Senior PM must balance project scope to meet the needs of all stakeholders, while confirming compliance with building codes and standards.
- Work directly with department representatives to develop project requirements including scope, budget, and schedule. Document project requirements as needed for University approval.
- Direct consultants on specific project requirements. Ensure University standards, policies and procedures are followed. Coordinate specific project requirements with other University departments.
- Review consultant's documents for constructability and conformance to University requirements. Conduct detailed review meetings of all discipline's work at design milestones and prior to bidding.
- Manage the bidding process, conduct pre-bid meetings and bid openings. Document bidding procedures and results as required by the University for contract execution.
- Manage consultants and contractors during the construction phase of the project. Monitor project schedules and budgets. Prepare reports and analyses as required by University administration.
- Monitor construction for compliance with contract and University standards, policies and procedures. Communicate project status with all campus stakeholders.
- Work with campus Maintenance Operations to avoid and resolve problems during construction. Ensure University has received complete documentation prior to project closeout.
- Bachelor degree in Architecture or closely related field.
- 8 years of experience in architectural project management.
- Working knowledge of ICC building codes.
- Ability to promote and maintain a productive and collaborative environment with diverse constituencies and provide leadership to project team members.
- Professional Architectural registration.
- LEED accreditation.
- Experience in an academic or comparable environment.
- PMP certification.
- Problem solving abilities; attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to give direction, adapt to change and establish relationships
- Organizational skills needed to handle several projects concurrently
- Capability of reviewing and understanding construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to work independently; takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of processes
- Excellent communication skills in public presentations and written correspondence
July 14, 2018
July 14, 2018
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5381, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email email@example.comHelp.
UMSL is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:http://www.Click2Apply.net/zq63h9btwkcmw8wd