Who we are:
Meridian is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in five different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Care Coordination Team Lead:
This position provides operational oversight to the Care Coordination teams and is responsible for ensuring production and quality expectations are consistently met by the assigned Care Coordination teams. The Team Lead works in conjunction with the Managers and Senior Managers of Care Coordination to provide leadership and direction to the assigned Care Coordination teams.Responsibilities
- Provide front line operational direction and support to Care Coordination staff and consult with Manager, Senior Manager and/or Director as appropriate for input
- Ensure day to day operations, processes and procedures for assigned teams/programs are running efficiently
- Ensure timely follow up on all Care Coordination cases for primary Care Coordinators and consultants
- Responsible for reviewing production and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) report for assigned Care Coordination teams
- Identify barriers to meeting individual and department Care Coordination metrics and work with Manager, Senior Manager, and Director to develop and implement improvements
- Assist management with employee feedback for timely evaluations
- Works with Management to perform quality monitoring on inbound and outbound calls and follow up with staff who are not meeting MHP expectations.
- Ensure appropriate onboarding of new team members
- Work in collaboration with Leadership and Training to develop job aides for the Care Coordination staff, identify learning opportunities and conduct targeted retraining for Care Coordination staff
- Oversee assigned Care Coordination team attendance by monitoring phone queues, approving timesheets, PTO requests, or expense requests, as assigned
- Host weekly meetings for assigned team and document meeting minutes
- Act as a liaison with other Meridian departments in relation to Care Coordination issues
- Consistently demonstrate compliance with HIPAA regulations, professional conduct, and ethical practice
- Assist with special projects or departmental process improvement efforts, as needed
- May require field based travel or office based phone queue oversight, as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree or Fellow designation from the Academy for Healthcare Management (AHM) is required
- At least one to three years in the Care Coordinator position exceeding production and quality expectations or relevant experience within Meridian or a healthcare setting
- 1+ year(s) of top performance as a non-management Family Member during which leadership abilities were demonstrated is preferred
- Must demonstrate customer focused interpersonal skills to interact in an effective manner with practitioners, the interdisciplinary health care team, community agencies, members, and families with diverse opinions, values, and religious and cultural ideals
- Must also demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, follow through with delegated tasks and be directly accountable for deliverables
- Must have leadership qualities including time management, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, problem solving and decision-making, priority setting, work delegation and work organization, as well as strong customer service focus, teamwork orientation and resourcefulness in problem solving
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time MHP employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)