- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Miami
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Job Function: Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19024761
The Branch Manager is responsible for providing superior client experience in the branch while delivering results that align with business objectives; developing sales plans that are aligned with overall business targets and priorities to achieve goals; inspiring and creating a motivating environment through activity-based coaching and performance development; ensuring clients receive excellent service through ongoing coaching and monitoring of staff activities and direct interactions with clients; and monitoring and adhering to operational controls, including legal, corporate and regulatory policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets.
- Develop and execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are aligned with the Area business plan to achieve desired revenue, expense and service goals.
- Set expectations for branch staff, fostering an environment in which team members work together to achieve all business goals.
- Support portfolio growth by identifying cross-sell opportunities, coaching the team to deepen relationships and increase client acquisition.
- Drive individual production goals with target clients and outbound sales activities, including building referral network and relationships with internal partners and external contacts.
- Integrate segment partners (e.g. Commercial and Small Business, Home Lending, Financial Advisors, Citigold) into the branch team to drive sales and ensure that all client expectations are met.
- Leverage workforce planning tool to optimize staffing in branches to ensure effective lobby and line management to provide exceptional client service.
- Conduct “daily proof processes” to ensure adherence to operational requirements; investigate controllable losses among branch staff; provide coaching and manage performance on decisions used. Partner with Area Operations Director in conducting quarterly and ad hoc reviews.
- Drive outbound sales activities including: representing Citi and building partnerships in the community (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, community alliances, business networks, local officials), and working with Business and Commercial Bankers, Segment Market Managers, the Market President, and Community Relations. Lead hiring process and coordinate performance management, compensation, communication and employee evaluation of branch staff.
The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Proven track record of driving sales, both individually and as a leader of a sales team
- Sales management experience; ability to build teams
- Minimum 5 years in banking; strong understanding of banking industry and operations
- People management experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated success influencing and managing in a matrix environment.
- Business Banking, and cash/ treasury management experience, credit skills (preferred)
- Client service orientation
- Organizational and time management skills
- Optimistic, can-do attitude
- Desire to win, results-oriented, strong work ethic
- Able to respond effectively and timely to organizational, business and regulatory changes, tenacious
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and City policies and procedures.
Your continued employment is contingent, among other things, upon your successful completion of any and all training requirements for your position, including passing all applicable exams. If at any time before or during your employment, Citi establishes training and/or licensing requirements for the position you hold, your continued employment also will be contingent upon successfully completing these requirements in the timeframe specified by the business or function. If you fail to meet such training or license requirements in the time frame set forth by your business or function, you may be subject to discipline up to and including termination of employment. Certain restrictions may also be placed on your job duties until you successfully complete these requirements. If you have any questions regarding the requirements for your position or business, contact your Recruiter or Human Resources.