Belmont Village Senior Living
Oak Park, IL
PRN(on-call) positions available
2:30pm - 11:00pm
Belmont Village Oak Park is hiring experienced Caregivers. At Belmont Village Oak Park, our goal is to build dedicated teams who provide excellent care for our residents with knowledge, compassion, respect and a commitment to working with seniors.
As a licensed Assisted Living and Memory Care community, a C.N.A. license is not required but is preferred. Prior experience caring for multiple people in fast paced settings such as a Hospital, Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Assisted Living Community or Memory Care Community is strongly preferred.
This position provides multi-functional duties related to service, assistance, support and supervision to one or more residents. Daily assignments and tasks provided by the Nurse-on-Duty.
- A Caregiver is usually assigned to support multiple residents within the community. A Caregiver may be hired or assigned to provide private care services to one resident based on resident or operational needs.
- Follows the resident’s individual service plan in providing one-on-one support and companionship to residents, which may include (but not limited to):
- daily wellness checks to monitor and report any change of condition
- housekeeping services to include daily straightening of the resident’s apartment, with weekly deep cleaning.
- common area housekeeping.
- incontinence management including assisting residents to the bathroom, providing assistance and hygiene as needed.
- assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene and mobility
- escorting residents to activities, meal, nature walks and outside appointments as needed.
- Assisting in development and updating of each resident’s individual service plan and charting.
- Reporting concerns about residents to the Nurse-on-Duty or the Director of Resident Care Services.
- Encouraging socialization and participation in community, including (but not limited to):
- assisting residents with participation in activities.
- facilitating activities.
- serving as chaperone and caretaker of resident(s) for activities outside community when requested.
- promoting safety and well-being of residents.
- Assisting with meal service in the dining room if assigned to Dementia or Circle of Friends area.
- Actively supports good health and safety practices within area of responsibility as follows:
- Knows and follows established facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Maintains safe work area through good housekeeping and keeping safety equipment in good working condition.
- Actively participates in health and safety training, and demonstrates competency based on training received.
- Actively participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
- Identifies and corrects hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Participates in accident investigations as needed.
- Brings health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or corrects those you can.
- Reinforces the use of good health and safety practices through positive recognition programs and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Completes health and safety audits finding closure within 30 days.
- High School diploma or equivalent .
- Proficient in verbal and written English.
- Experience as a primary caregiver and/or experience or education that has provided opportunity to develop good organizational skills as well as an understanding and sensitivity to the needs of the aging population.
- Ability to work schedules assigned in a 24 hour operation, including weekends.
- Good communication and telephone skills.
- One plus year of direct care experience
- PC skills
- Previous customer service experience
- Observation and reporting skills
Belmont Village Senior Living offers full-time employees benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO and 401(k) savings.
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.