Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access, Ethernet transport, and Colocation services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 190 globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers a competitive salary, full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment, matching 401k and stock options.
Cogent Off-net opportunities, like our network, span the globe and require specialists to keep the big picture in focus. As a Carrier Relations Specialist at Cogent, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary opportunities in a high paced environment. You provide and plan requirements as operational support to the Cogent sales organization and usher opportunities through the entire pre-sale lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to stakeholders. Your work often spans offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the opportunity progress and deadlines.
As a Carrier Relations Specialist you will work closely with your team and last mile counterparts to develop and execute strategies that will enable the expansion of Cogent’s Off-Net sales through close partnership. By drawing on a broad set of technical and business experiences, you will establish cross-functional requirements, develop fulfillment strategies, manage quoting and contracting activities, and manage our partners to fulfill various efforts related to deploying last mile loops. Your pre-sale leadership across many functional domains will culminate in the completion of increased sales revenue that will be delivered on-time, within budget and at required technical specifications.
- Provide operational support with the highest level of superb customer experience to the sales organization by processing pre-sales opportunities for quotations on dedicated private-line services (Metro Ethernet) from North American telecommunications providers. This is to support the sale of Cogent's Internet access and Ethernet transport products
- Predesign the last mile circuit, all associated costs and integrate it on the Cogent Network at the lowest cost possible all while maintaining Cogent’s optimal integrity of service
- Identify prime vendors by geographic region, and on-net service address and CO CLLI lists
- Submit requests for pricing to identify vendors via email or online tools, negotiate rates, and relay information back to sales for inclusion in proposal to customer for dedicated Internet access and transport services
- Manage vendor relationships; vendor performance, identify new service providers to extend the reach of Cogent services
- Manage and negotiate preliminary contractual agreements and terms that enable an efficient and scalable execution of our off-net sales expansion strategies. Work closely with available resources to jointly drive execution
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with nationwide telecommunications providers (ILEC’s & CLEC’s.)
- Familiarity with elements of circuit design and components (UNI, EVC’s, cross connects, NNI, channel terminations, IOC mileage, etc.)
- Basic Comprehension of the Internet and data network design (Private-line interfaces, handoff, etc.)
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume of requests in a professional manner
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective as both an individual contributor and team player
- Ability to negotiate optimal pricing, enabling the highest margin for Cogent products
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized, results-oriented, ability to forecast and meet deadlines
- Solid problem solving, quality focus, project management, and process improvement skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong Excel skill set
- Experience with strategic business planning and execution
- Experience managing and negotiating contracts. Experience in contract dispute management
- Established track record of developing and deploying complex outsourced relationships
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.