Looking for a chance to drive measurable and meaningful improvement in the use of evidence-based medicine, patient safety, practice variation and affordability? You can make a difference at UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses in serving our Medicare, Medicaid and commercial members and plan sponsors. Be part of changing the way health care is delivered while working with a Fortune 6 industry leader. Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking a Case Management Medical Director to join our team in Eden Prairie, MN. Every day, our Optum Medical Directors strive to help people achieve optimal clinical outcomes. We utilize highly sophisticated predictive modeling algorithms to identify patients with complex, high risk conditions. We work collaboratively with the patient, RN Case Managers, attending providers, and other members of the care team to remove barriers to care, and ensure treatment plans are in place and understood. At Optum, our constant goal is to help people live healthier lives!
- Support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes for high risk populations
- Proficient in evidence based clinical guidelines and lead grand round clinical education sessions with nursing teams
- Primary functions include RN case manager support and consultation about high risk members and assisting in account management team presentations
- Be involved in telephonic outreach for collaboration with treating providers. This will include discussion of evidence - based guidelines, opportunities to close clinical quality / service gaps, and care plan changes that can impact health care expenses
- Responsible to collaborate with operational and business partners on clinical and quality initiatives at the site and customer level to address customer expectations
- Effectively engage and articulate the Optum and UHC value story to our external constituents such as physicians and our customers
- There may also be opportunities to engage medical and specialty societies, hospitals and hospital associations, and state regulators
- Deliver the clinical value proposition focused on quality, affordability and service, in support of the sales and growth activities including conducting Broker / Client presentations and participating in customer consultations
By providing 70 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well - being goals. At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined
You’ll be rewardedand recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge youand give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as wellas provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted medical license
- Current Board Certification in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty
- 5+ years clinical practice experience
- 2+ years managed care, Quality Management experience and / or administrative leadership experience strongly preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical, Case Management, Physician, Medical Director, Minnesota, Managed Care