STRIVE BOSTON EMPLOYMENT SERVICE, Dorchester MA
STRIVE Forward Case Manager/Full Time
STRIVE Forwardis a national initiative funded by the US Department of Labor (USDOL) to assist youth offenders in successful re-entry and success in education and careers. Building on its innovative service model and well-established Affiliate Network, STRIVE Boston will provide services over a period of 26 months to approximately 146 young offenders, ages 14 to 24, from communities where poverty and crime are most concentrated.
- Counsels and assists STRIVE Forward applicants, participants, and graduates to confront and resolve personal issues preventing them from succeeding in life in general and in educational and job related matters in particular. Furthermore, supports participants to succeed in the STRIVE Forward training program
- Refers agency applicants, participants, graduates, and community residents to programs (e.g. housing services, long-term counseling, child-care, domestic abuse intervention agencies) that can assist them to resolve issues preventing them from participating in the labor market
- Provides short-term counseling and works with clients to enhance their self-esteem and self-confidence
- Maintains case notes, files and client data base as specified by the Community Partnerships Manager and Executive Director
- Facilitates specialized workshops for young adults, fathers and other populations as mandated by grant programs
- Conducts participant follow-up after normal business hours on a quarterly basis
- Obtains ongoing training in counseling techniques and social services in general as provided by STRIVE Boston or JRI and/or external training sessions as budget allows. Stays current on new methodologies and studies in the social work field
- Works with other case managers to maintain and update agency’s resource/referral directory
- Maintains accurate weekly records regarding information on the number of persons referred to different employment opportunities and the results of those referrals.
- Develops appropriate outreach strategies to find employment opportunities for clients in both programs. Maintains accurate weekly records regarding the number of employers contacted, number of interviews generated and the number of placements made.
- Completes other tasks as assigned or needed
- Bachelor Social Work or Bachelor’s in related field preferred
- At least 2 years of counseling experience, and exceptional communication skills required
- Overall knowledge of basic individual and group counseling skills a plus. Life skills and experience will also be taken into consideration
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software
- Bilingual (English/Haitian Creole or Spanish) is helpful
Offer includes: Access to excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, pension, generous paid time off and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.