1. Retrieves from Kitchen bakery products, milk, and condiments needed for opening.
2. Sets up areas for coffee condiments, brews coffee, and assists grill cook.
3. Retrieves opening cash box from Protection Services.
4. Rings in food items being purchased at the appropriate price, weighing and charging for selected items, and handling cash transactions.
5. Maintains register, beverage counters, and silverware cart, and writes daily menu on board.
6. Totals cash and receipts following each meal; makes new bank; takes register readings after each meal.
7. Covers cookies; restocks cups, plastic ware, and napkins; uncovers yogurt condiments.
8. Cleans coffee urn and sets up for next meal.
1. Ability to operate computerized cash register on a repetitive finger-movement basis.
2. Ability to read and write at level three as documented on "Invest," the hospital's Employee Learning Laboratory software.
3. Ability to read and comprehend English.
4. Ability to perform simple math at a level normally learned in high school.
5. Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with hospital personnel and the general public