Hire Type: Direct Hire
Location 1: Houston, TX
Location 2: Austin, TX
The Category Analyst is responsible for conducting data analytics and visualization along with the creation/maintenance of business reporting.
As the Category Analyst, use resources to analyze and interpret consumer and sales insights to identify consumer trends and identify potential marketing opportunities for customers and other stores. Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions. Use data sources to develop regular and ad hoc reports to include out of stock, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance, sales and movement. Design, manage, and run customized reports for category managers, directors, and executive. Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- College degree - BA/BS
- 2 + years of data analyst experience
- Experience working with large scale data and customer segmentation analysis
- Strong analytic skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledgeable in Data Visualization products such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Spotfire
- Solution based analytics and report development
- Methods for effectively planning project scope, creating processes and time-lines accordingly
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and interpret data
- Effective presentation of findings, insights and strategic recommendations