Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Cathodic Protection Technician for their facility located in Chico, TX.
This position is directly involved in the field operation of pipelines and facilities in the transportation and movement of Liquid NGL Products. The Cathodic Technician must balance a high level of surveillance and maintenance to maintain the integrity of the pipeline system(s). The Technician will be expected to take a proactive approach in mitigating developing threats and ongoing events through close contact with the Pipeline Controllers and Pipeline Technicians. The Cathodic Technician must demonstrate the ability to recognize, analyze, and respond to abnormal conditions in a timely manner to minimize potential impact to people and the environment as well as eliminating risk to the liability of the company. The Cathodic Technician will be responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of the pipeline and pipeline facilities. The majority of these NGL lines are PHMSA Jurisdictional pipelines. This position requires working outside in various weather conditions and in various areas where contact with local wildlife could be dangerous. This position also requires the Technician to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, working Holidays and responding to call-outs. The Cathodic Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, gathering annual pipe-to-soil survey data; gathering rectifier readings and troubleshooting rectifier units; performing interference testing; and designing, overseeing installation of, and developing as-built drawings for cathodic protection facilities. The Cathodic Technician is responsible for all elements of the Field Corrosion Control Program and supports the pipeline integrity program. The Cathodic Technician will perform periodic inspections and routine maintenance on the pipeline system and complete maintenance records, service/ calibration reports, and other required documents. The Cathodic Technician will be responsible for responding to Pipeline one calls and locates. This position will include daily travel via company-supplied vehicle. The Cathodic Technician is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the vehicle.
· Train and Obtain DOT qualifications to perform certain DOT pipeline tasks
· Perform routine field startup/shutdown of pipeline facility equipment
· Installs and maintains cathodic protection systems and internal corrosion control equipment
· Conducts internal and external evaluations of pipelines to evaluate new or existing corrosion, and assesses the condition of pipeline coatings
· Performs various tests, measurements, and surveys to ensure efficient operation of cathodic protection facilities
· Evaluates, develops and monitors data as part of an internal corrosion control program
· Gathers and evaluates data, prepares corrosion control recommendations and oversees corrosion mitigation measures
· Leads efforts to design and implement effective long-term cathodic protection systems
· Prepares documentation of all work associated with regulatory and compliance associated tasks
· Prepares drawings, job specifications, contractor scopes-of-work, and contract bid documents
· Performs coating evaluations for atmospheric corrosion control and prepare mitigation plans
· Participates in regulatory inspections
· Inspects 3rd party construction / work activities
· Mentors fellow employees when appropriate
· Comply with all applicable safety and environmental regulations, local policies and procedures
· Attend all safety meetings and safety training as required by company
Minimum Essential Qualifications
· Minimum of 1-5 years of related work experience…See notes below…
· Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
· Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, vendors and the public
· Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
· Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
· Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
· Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 75 lbs
· Ability to work in changing climate conditions
· Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
· Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
· Regular and Reliable Attendance
· Knowledge of Maximo
· Knowledge of CFR 49 Part 195, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, NACE, API, GPA
· Knowledge of Management of Change Process
· Knowledge of GPS and GPS Systems
· Read and Understand PIDs
· Read and Understand Pipeline Maps and Alignment Sheets
· Certified NACE Corrosion Technician I or II Certification
· Knowledge of DC Circuits, OHM’s Law, and the application to cathodic protection systems
· Knowledge of AC & DC electrical systems
· Knowledge of common pipeline corrosion control related equipment, such as line locators, digital multi-meter, soil-resistivity kit, CSE half cells, and data collectors
· Knowledge of pipeline coating systems
· Knowledge of Pipeline ROW Maintenance
· Knowledge of Pipeline third-party activities, encroachment
· Knowledge of pipeline operations and the characteristics for the products transported by pipeline
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
Bck-Operations background,Edu-HS/GED,See Job Description