RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client a world class insurance company in New York City, New York (NY) is seeking several Ceded Reinsurance Accountants.
The team is responsible for the purchasing and management of Ceded Reinsurance placements. The Ceded Reinsurance Accounting staff will provide accurate and timely production of financial statements, production reports, client receivables/payables and monitor cash processing in order to achieve department standards and meet service level expectations. The team structure will align to the front-end business functions of Property, Casualty, Assumed Treaty Reinsurance and Specialty. The positions will report under Ceded Accounting.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparing and distribution of Account Statements and Bordereaux
- Provide support on ceded reinsurance programs including collaboration and production of ceded premium and loss accounting, reinsurance premium and loss allocation, reinsurance receipt and disbursement processes
- Responsible for preparing and understanding contractual adjustable features
- Handle both Pro-Rata and Excess of Loss Treaties
- Collaborate with internal and external customers; understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
- Work with ceded reinsurance accounting managers and accountants on cross-learning accountants and working as a team
- Maintain compliance to SOX and regulatory reporting including analysis and reconciliation of reinsurance related accounts
- Support and work with the ceded operations team on processes and controls over collateral used to secure reinsurance exposures (including bad debt and reserve analyses) and to mitigate Schedule F penalties
- Work proactively with both internal team members and the department's consumers
- Handle additional ceded accounting responsibilities as deemed priority by management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience 2+ years relevant experience in Ceded Reinsurance Accounting
- Working knowledge of systems and technology utilized within area of responsibility
- Excellent motivation skills
- Strong communicator and team player
- Ability to think intuitively
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.