I am looking for a qualified individual Who is willing to learn and enjoys Cell Phone and Computer Technolgy - Repair Training will be provided
CPR Is The Nation’s Oldest & Largest Mobile Repair Franchise.
The cell phone and mobile device repair category is exploding and Cell Phone Repair (CPR®) dominates the industry. Our growth is a testament to our brand, business model and value-add.
Position Details - Initial and ongoing Training will be provided!
PART TIME AND FULL TIME JOBS AVAILABLE
- Looking for full and Part-Time employees
- Commission and Spiff Plan in place to earn extra compensation!
Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Resolve customers’ technical problems by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing devices
● Explain complex technical issues to customers in a non-technical, simple to understand manner
● Ensure that all repairs meet or exceed quality standards and customer expectations
● Answer phone calls and greet visitors to the store with a professional, friendly demeanor to establish rapport and trust with customers.
● Ensure that customers have an enjoyable experience by providing superior customer service and exceeding customer expectations
● Keep track of all devices and parts inventory while safeguarding shop tools
● Operate the point of sale system to maintain an accurate record of customer information and a real-time status of each repair
● Maintain the cleanliness, safety and professional appearance of the store
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of – personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
CPR is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
● Excellent technical, problem solving, and analytical skills
● One year of customer service and/or retail experience.
● Work well in a team environment
● Strong attention to detail.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● An interest in selling and a desire to learn sales techniques.
● Comfortable navigating in Windows, OS X, iOS, and Android operating systems
● Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
● Professional, neat appearance.
● 18 years of age and high school diploma or equivalent
● Reliable transportation
● Experience repairing electronics, smartphones, PC/Macs, and game consoles
● Technical degree or certification in electronics or consumer electronics
● Previous experience working at retail electronics store
● Soldering skills and advanced electronics repair experience