Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Oakland, California, Centro Legal de la Raza (Centro Legal) is a comprehensive legal services agency focused on strengthening low-income, immigrant and Latino families and individuals by providing bilingual and culturally competent legal representation, education, and advocacy. The mission of Centro Legal is to protect and expand the rights of low-income people, particularly monolingual Spanish-speaking immigrants.
Centro Legal seeks an experienced, creative, knowledgeable and dynamic Development & Communications Coordinator who thrives working independently and in team settings. The Development & Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the organization’s development and communications efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as first point of contact for donors with questions or inquiries.
- Enter new donations in Salesforce donor database and maintain all funder records.
- Create, produce and mail donation acknowledgements on a regular basis.
- Design and run reports in Salesforce, and serve as liaison to database consultant.
- Assess and suggest improvements to Salesforce database structure.
- Coordinate postal mailings.
- Manage third-party donation sites.
- Support all fundraising events organized by Centro Legal or other organizations, including the annual gala.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors and contractors, including graphic designers and printers.
- Provide reports and other information from database to other departments as requested.
- Support administrative team in planning and executing internal or staff events, as
- Collect and maintain Centro’s client photo and story gallery and media mentions.
- Serve as point of contact for media and press inquiries.
- Update social media platforms as needed.
- Manage ESP (Email Service Platform) by posting content updates, managing contact database and troubleshooting potential bugs.
- Plan photoshoots and collect bios from staff for use on website and in other communications.
- At least three years relevant work experience in development and communications in the nonprofit sector.
- BA required.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with social media platforms.
- Experience using Salesforce database.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and consistently meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong familiarity with mass email applications.
- Familiarity with WordPress highly desirable.
Compensations and Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits. Salary commensurate with background and experience plus medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401(k) benefits and a generous vacation and holiday package.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Submit via email only a 1) detailed cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three professional references to email@example.comHelp. Place the words “Development & Communications Coordinator”) in the subject line. No calls please.
Centro Legal de la Raza is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. Centro Legal de la Raza is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, LBTQ, older persons, persons with disabilities, and all qualified persons to apply.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED