Position SummaryCertified Medical Dosimetrist
Compass Oncology, the largest privately-owned Cancer Care and Research Center in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for a Certified Medical Dosimetrist to join their new facility in Tigard, OR. As the third Radiation Oncology site in our practice, the new West Cancer Center will use a Varian TrueBeam Linear Accelerator for all treatments. The main responsibilities of this position is working with and providing information to our Radiation Oncologist and provide planning and logistical support for all Radiation Oncology Services offered at our newest location.
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Tigard, OR
In collaboration with the medical physicists and radiation oncologists, designs treatment plans by means of computer and/or manual computation to determine a treatment field technique that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose. Uses CT, MRI, PET, ultrasound, plane film, and fluoroscopy imaging to create and verify therapy portals. Performs patient specific quality assurance techniques under the direction of the physicist and medical director. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently creates radiation therapy treatment plans using computer software and various imaging modalities.
- Interprets and delineates anatomy and anatomical positioning on various imaging modalities.
- Performs or assists in the planning of the fabrication of compensation filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices.
- Performs or assists in the planning of the production of molds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Supervises the therapist staff in the implementation of the treatment plan including the correct use of immobilization devices, compensators, wedges, field arrangement, and other treatment variables.
- Accurately documents treatment planning and quality assurance tasks.
- Accurately codes for technical treatment planning and quality assurance tasks.
- Performs general computerized tasks, such as word processing, using spreadsheets, moving and altering files and directories, and performing data backup.
- May assist in intracavitary and interstitial brachytherapy procedures and in the subsequent manual and/or computer calculation of the dose distributions of these treatments.
- May perform quality assurance procedures on treatment planning system, linear accelerator, and brachytherapy device with minimal supervision.
- Provides physics and technical support to the medical physicist, in radiation protection, qualitative machine calibrations, and quality assurance of the radiation oncology equipment.
- Teaches applied aspects of medical dosimetry to students and residents, as assigned.
Experience, License, and Education:
- Credentials as a Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD)
- Current and valid certification as a qualified medical dosimetrist by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB).
More About The Company
The Compass Oncology team brings together leading cancer experts in the fields of surgical, gynecologic, medical, and radiation oncology, pathology and palliative care to provide the most comprehensive cancer care possible and an even more cohesive patient experience. In addition, the majority of our physicians specialize in particular cancer types, bringing a heightened level of expertise to our patients. If you are a dedicated, team-oriented, patient-centered individual looking for an opportunity where you are proud of what you do, work hard, have fun, want to learn and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference in the lives of our patients; Compass Oncology is the place for you!
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, Compass Oncology participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 71 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Portland and Vancouver communities with five clinical offices located throughout the metro area.
To learn more about Compass Oncology and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.CompassOncology.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.