CSI Health is actively seeking a Certified Medical Assistant for our client located in the Northeast Minneapolis metro area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
Pay: Market competitive based upon experience, licensure, and education.
- Locations and hours will vary across a the NE Minneapolis area.
- Weekend availability is required every other weekend commitment preferred with weekday hours/shifts available at some locations as well.
- Day shift; Hours and shifts will be dependent on patient volume/need
Location: Northeast Minneapolis
The Medical Assistant role is an integral part of the clinic team inside of our client's clinic. The role is responsible for providing a great first impression by greeting guests in a warm and friendly manner and working to reduce wait time and ensuring wait time expectations are accurate.
- The Medical Assistant will also ensure interior and exterior areas are neat and clean, maintain guest privacy (HIPAA) by protecting and appropriately disposing of personal health information (PHI).
- Assist practitioners during the guest visit by rooming the patient, collecting patient history and accurately collecting vital signs and specimens for simple tests.
- Preparing, administering and providing educational materials for vaccination services.
- Provide consistently high-quality medical services and experiences.
- Maintain clinical knowledge and counseling skills to deliver a genuine healthcare experience and improve health outcomes for guests.
- Multitask between the desk, waiting area and exam rooms.
- Quickly and courteously answer any phone calls; take messages and provide information as needed.
- Champion a culture of medical and business accountability, and communicate opportunities and recommendations to the provider
- Drive operational excellence to maximize clinic workflow, patient experience and quality standards
- Use proper operational processes to check in each patient quickly and courteously, assisting them as needed
- Answer questions regarding insurance co-payment, billing and additional charges for services.
- Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies and completing POC testing controls.
- Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to drive practice growth.
- Experience working with Epic medical records
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Medical Assistant Certification, preferred
- Ability to confidently prepare, administer and provide vaccination services and educate patients.
- Ability to confidently and accurately collect patient history, vital signs and specimens for simple tests.
- Ability to scan and/or key appropriate information into registers and electronic medical records.
- Understanding of health insurance, including local providers, general plan types and terminology.
- Able to lift 35 lbs.
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to continuously move around all areas of the clinic on a daily basis.
- Able to read instructions, reports and information on computer screens and key information on computers
- Prefer 5-8 years experience
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent