Certified Personal Trainer, Part-Time
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
The Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta (MJCCA) is a non-profit organization that has served the Atlanta community for more than 100 years. The MJCCA was ranked among the Top 100 Workplaces 2012 - 2017 by the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and is widely regarded as one of the premiere JCCs in the country. The MJCCA annually serves 12,000 members and over 55,000 people in the Atlanta community through a wide variety of innovative programs and vital services. The MJCCA provides scholarships to those in need and services to those with disabilities to ensure that every member of the community has the opportunity to benefit from our programs. The MJCCA embraces people of all ages, races, denominations, affiliations, and abilities.
Through education, motivation, and leadership, the personal trainer assists member-clients in establishing and reaching their fitness/wellness goals. The personal trainer contributes to the overall success of the Fitness Center by embodying the mission, vision and values of the JCC.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Design individual exercise plan and program tailored to the needs and attainable goals for each specific client.
- Provide guidance in proper exercise technique and variations of exercises to meet goals.
- Assist member-clients in establishing effective fitness/wellness goals and develops the most effective training plan to achieve those goals.
- Offer accurate and up-to-date information and advice on fitness.
- Motivate clients and serves as a training partner.
- Maintain a safe and clean exercise environment within the JCC Fitness Center.
- Follow all quality assurance and other policies and procedures of the Fitness Center.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Strong knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology and anatomy
- Full understanding of all exercise equipment and proper operations
- Knowledge of injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Good communication skills and ability to instruct and teach
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Sport specific knowledge a plus
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Job requires standing for long periods of time and demonstration of proper exercise technique and ability and the physical ability to move up to 75 pounds
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.