Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators, advocacy, and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has an exciting PER DIEM opportunity for a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists to administer analgesia / anesthesia for purpose of pain relief by oral or injectable routes or render patients unconscious for surgical procedures by intravenous injected into the vein. CRNA closely monitors the patient’s response by monitoring temperature, pulse, heart rate, respiratory rate, and symptoms of distress until the patient has recovered from the anesthesia and is stable for discharge.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
- Assess the patient’s medical history and how it might affect the patient’s response to anesthesia
- Assess the patient’s pain management needs prior to surgical procedure
- Decide which drugs and techniques best fit the patient’s needs
- Educate the patient about the process to be used
- Placement and management of IV catheter
- Connect patients to the EKG monitor prior to procedure
- Give oral, injectable analgesia or conscious sedation
- Monitor the patient’s response during and after anesthesia
- Initiate emergency measures as needed if the patient experiences complications to anesthesia
- Keep detailed records of the medications given and the patient’s response
- Assist in the resuscitation of patients, as necessary
- Assist patients to recovery room after procedure and monitor their status until discharge
- Expand knowledge about new drugs and anesthesia techniques as they become available
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing and has a current California Registered Nurse license
- Current California Nurse Anesthetist license
- Minimum 1–2 yrs. work experience as a CRNA