We are seeking Full Time Charge Posting Specialists within the Land O Lakes Central Business Office. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The Charge Posting Specialist is responsible for posting Ambulatory Surgery Center, Hospital, and/or Nursing Home charges for services rendered by Florida Medical Clinic providers. This position requires knowledge of Federal, State, and payor regulations. Charge Posting Specialists must meet a weekly quota. Candidates should have knowledge of insurance guidelines, CPT/HCPCS Codes, ICD10 Codes, and Modifiers to ensure charges are posted accurately.
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Post an average of 600 line items per week with an error rate of less than 4%
- Complete batch posting within the department protocol (2 business days)
- Review CCI/CPT for correct billing
- Understand the difference between each E/M code (Inpatient vs. Outpatient)
- Accurately crosswalk E/M codes depending on patient status or payer specific guidelines related to consultations
- Efficient and frequent use of the purpose of department resources/tools: Charge posting dashboard, training manual, imaging software, sharepoint site, coding software, etc.
- Perform incidental duties as needed
- Graduate of a Health Insurance Specialist Certificate or Degree program OR High School Diploma with three years of experience in health care insurance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in medical billing/charge posting
- Proficient use of computerized registration and billing systems, including spreadsheet and word processing software applications
- Detailed working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in department billing processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task in a timely manner
- Ability to proactively problem solve issues; strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of third party operating procedures, regulations, and billing requirements as well as government reimbursement programs
- Must be able to be present at work in the last week of every month plus the first two business days of the following month
· Florida Medical Clinic offers a wide choice of compensation and benefit programs that are among the best. From competitive salaries to retirement plans, we make every effort to take care of the people who make our company great!
· Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FloridaMedicalClinicCareers
· Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FLMedClinicJobs