Positon:Check In/Check Out Specialist – Radiology Department
Location: Fall River, MA
The Check In/Check Out Specialist is responsible for patient reception which affects the success of the department and provides an initial perception of the department and organization. This person interacts with patients upon arriving at the department. They play an integral role in shaping the patient's impression of the department which shapes the patient-provider relationship. This member of the team is responsible for a variety of activities in the department including telephone reception, routing and screening calls, greeting patients/visitors, responding to inquiries from patients and providing information about the department and organization. Other responsibilities include the coordination of mail in and out of the department while contributing to the security of the department by helping to monitor patient/visitor access, a function that has become increasingly important. Essential job functions include:
- Beginning on the prior day, all CT, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, and mammography schedules are printed and matched with the eREQ-order in preparation for the following day. All studies from physicians outside of Prima Care, P.C. are verified to have a valid order.
- Greets patient, provides check-in and escorts patient to room in a timely manner.
- Verifies appointments for all scheduled visits.
- Reviews schedule for the following work day and pulls records for providers and technologists.
- Verifies completion of dictated reports in radiology eCW medical record and faxes reports to providers requiring faxes.
- Assists patients with forms when they are walk-ins.
- Answers phone, route calls and locates appropriate providers and technologists.
- Provides ongoing surveillance of the waiting room for patient safety and comfort needs.
- Researches and retrieves prior reports from outside providers and/or facilities.
- Prior reports from outside facilities must be requested from that outside facility for radiologist to use as comparison. If the prior study is from Charlton Memorial Hospital or St. Anne’s Hospital, the reports must be printed from their PACS system.
- If there is a discrepancy in the order, the receptionist is responsible for contacting the office to clarify the discrepancy.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and diagnosis
- Knowledge of computer and relevant software applications
- Knowledge of general administrative and clerical procedures
- Working knowledge of healthcare insurance preferred
About PrimaCARE, P.C.:
Prima Care, P.C. was founded in 1996 and is a large, multi – specialty medical group serving southeastern New England. With over 150 providers, including primary care physicians and a broad range of specialists, we offer quality health care, a diversity of services and treatments, convenient and friendly service, and state –of-the-art testing facilities to support your diagnosis and treatments.
In addition to our main Fall River campus and walk-in Center, Prima Care has medical offices and Walk In centers in Somerset, Westport, and Dartmouth, as well as satellite offices in Tiverton, Rhode Island. We also provide care in patient’s homes, nursing homes and hospitals and two Outpatient Physical Therapy clinics located in Fall River and Somerset, MA.
We live and work by the golden rule and our company values that include integrity, respect, professionalism, ethical behavior and partnership.
Benefits for our Permanent Placements Include:
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. 401K/ROTH and Safe Harbor Plans. Paid Time Off.