Chem-Aqua Services Jr Technician - Philadelphia, PA
Date: Jul 15, 2018
Location: Philadelphia, PA, US, 19102
Company: NCH Corporation
Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered…Explore the Opportunities!
Chem-Aqua Services Jr. Technician
Chem-Aqua is the wholly owned water treatment subsidiary of NCH Corporation, a privately owned specialty chemicals, maintenance supplies, and services company with over $1 billion in annual sales. We are seeking top-tier talent to support our growth strategy. We offer an unparalleled training program, uncapped income potential, and a culture that recognizes results, yet embraces the importance of work/life balance. Join the Chem-Aqua team, where your initiative and contributions will be noticed and make a difference.
The Chem-Aqua Services Jr. Technician is a field-based, hands-on, account service position that will provide tower cleaning, coil cleaning, chemical cleaning and some pre-treatment (area specific). This is a remote position.
- Provide routine preventative maintenance services; inspection and cleaning of cooling towers and water pretreatment equipment
- Maintain tools and cleaning equipment used in daily activities
- Complete online safety and technical modules as required
- Drive to customer’s location to perform services/duties in accordance to OSHA safety & health regulations
- Accurately report service calls
- Partner with a Sr. Service Technician to complete the maintenance service and follow their lead for the required job and tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a high school diploma
- Mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledgeable in a CRM software or related systems
- Knowledgeable in using a computer, tablet, smart phone, and other work related technology
- 1-3 years of work experience in a field using mechanical principles
- Required work activities include but are not limited to, climbing and descending stairs and ladders (from 10-30’ in height), sometimes while carrying drums of chemicals weighing up to 75 pounds while maintaining a 3-point ladder contact (per OSHA rules). As of the date of this job description, the available ladders have a weight limit of 375 pounds
- Assist in the transportation, moving and lifting of heavy equipment such as power washers, steam cleaners, water vacuums and filters which may weigh up 200 pounds
- Must be able to enter into, exit from and work in confined spaces with access to such spaces as small as 18’ by18”.
- Able to perform work above head height or below the knees
- Wear and use proper PPE (including respirator qualification and fit tests, protective coveralls, boots, glasses, gloves and head or face masks or shields)
- Perform physical work in a HVAC or boiler equipment environment, requiring exposure to chemicals, noise, hot & cold temperatures and inclement weather
- Requires frequent walking to and from worksite.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (DMV record will be checked)
- Ability to work flexible schedule, some weekends required along with overnight travel
- 35% travel required
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Technician, Maintenance, Wastewater, Water Treatment, HVAC, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations