At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Chemist 3 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
The position involves working in the Chemistry Laboratories that performs chemical analyses to assist in resolving manufacturing, development, research, and technology issues for Northrop Grumman Corporation. The successful Chemist 3 will be capable and comfortable working independently, proactively, and collaboratively. The successful candidate will have the skills to evaluate and apply analytical techniques to solve a broad range of engineering problems associated with specific programs or research projects. This individual must have effective social skills and technical writing ability to interface with a variety of disciplines. The successful candidate will be required to develop an internal customer base for the basis of their ongoing tasks.
- Capable of evaluating internal customer's technical problems
- Perform chemical analysis as needed
- Developing and executing an experimental approach
- Effectively communicate the results to their customer
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of analytical chemistry experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 3 years of analytical chemistry experience in an aerospace environment
- Doctorate of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Possess technical hands-on analytical chemistry laboratory skills
- Data interpretation knowledge associated with spectroscopy, imaging technologies, and chromatography
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret and/or SCI Security Clearance
- Extensive experience with wet lab analytical chemistry and/or thermal analysis (TGA, DSC, etc.)
- Active In-Scope Secret Security Clearance
- Doctorate in Chemistry
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.