Sasol (USA) Corporation is building a world-scale ethane cracker and derivatives complex adjacent to its existing site near Westlake in Calcasieu Parish. The ethane cracker will enable Sasol to expand its differentiated ethylene derivatives business, while helping to strengthen U.S. manufacturing, boost exports and spur economic growth.
Due to our tremendous growth we have an opening for a Chemist – West Plant. This position will report to the West Plant Lab Manager and will reside in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Assure adherence to Sasol core values and safety, health, and environmental procedures both in person and as a team.
- Develop, validate, and continuously improve methods in compliance with Sasol and ISO procedure
- Perform routine or non-routine analyses /tests or experiments when it is needed
- Perform calibration per ISO specs and procedures
- Perform or lead maintenance and repair activities to ensure instrument/equipment function as required by operation
- Develop and sustain control charts and trigger follow up actions to address special causes
- Act as a SME and super-user for CDS and LIMS, and assure any changes in methods and sample schedules are timely reflected in these systems.
- Train and develop lab analysts and technicians for new or changed methods/procedures, and new competencies
- Ensure lab supplies are adequately stocked and timely address issues with vendor/supplier to prevent reoccurring
- Collaborate with process engineers to develop sample plan/ schedule and continuously improve afterwards to ensure sample flow and sample load to lab are streamlined and optimized.
- Work independently or with R&D and Engineering to troubleshoot process problems and continuously improve yields.
- Oversee environmental contract laboratories and ensure environmental NPDES data is validated. Monitor and report laboratory environmental emissions.
- Assist lab manager to develop short and long term capital plan to maximize asset utilization efficiency
- Assist lab manager to develop strategic staffing plans to ensure the lab organization stay vibrant while sustain competitiveness.
- Assist lab manager to continuously improve lab operation efficiency by raising productivity, controlling fixed cost, while identifying and eliminating
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry
- 3-5 years of industrial laboratory experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of analytical techniques and laboratory instrumentation preferred
- Strong mathematical/laboratory skills
- Extensive laboratory experience in GC, Spectroscopy, ICP, LIMS, or Wet-chemistry preferred
- Computer competency
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and team work skills
Lake Charles, Louisiana USA
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.