Northrop Grumman is seeking a Chief Engineerin Rolling Meadows, IL within the IRCM business area.
The selected candidate will be responsible for leadership of engineering development and engineering support for a variety of programs ranging from one to 30+ engineers. The position includes responsibility for all technical aspects of assigned engineering programs throughout proposal, initiation, execution and closure phases. The position requires strong leadership and communication skills in addition to multi-discipline engineering understanding.
This position includes technical authority for all aspects of engineering on program elements (systems/hardware/ software/support/integration and test) and leadership of a multi-disciplined engineering team; managing the technical performance of the product/program and satisfying the allocated cost and schedule requirements.
Responsibilities may include engineering leadership for system architecture development, requirements development, hardware/software design,
verification and validation activities, and production program engineering support. A person in this position ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and that the program and product is compliant with company policy, procedures, and quality standards. A person in this position will also maintain cognizance over technical activities within the program by leading Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and ensuring integration of the best engineering practices across the company.
- BS or higher in an engineering or closely-related discipline
- U.S. citizen required - ability to obtain a secret clearance and higher clearances
- >9 years of experience in engineering development environment
- >5 years of experience leading/managing engineering development
- Strong communication skills
- Candidates should understand the various processes tailored to engineering disciplines.
- Candidates should have background and understanding in various tools and techniques associated with cost/schedule management, and have experience leading efforts through the entire engineering lifecycle.
- MS, or higher in an engineering or closely-related discipline, and/or BS followed by MBA, MPD (Masters, Product Development), or MEM (Masters, Engineering Management)
- Current secret, top secret or higher clearance
- Prior Engineering Product Development leadership experience
- Experience with Northrop Grumman standard development processes, design/drawing release processes, CM/DM, and general engineering design capture processes.
- EVMS, MS-Project, Risk Management, NG EPM Curriculum, or equivalents.
- Track record of successful project proposals, startups and completions.
- Experience with the development and/or test of electronic warfare, EO/IR, laser, or related defense systems
- Ideal candidates will have >10 years of experience in development engineering
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.