At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As Chief Engineer, the candidate is responsible for maintaining and controlling the technical baseline as it is developed from requirements to design milestones through the program's engineering lifecycle.
The selected candidate will be focused on the transformational activities to develop people, processes, and technologies necessary to shape, win and execute the current and future work. To this end, the Chief Engineer interacts frequently with the business development organization, strategy, and other programs. Selected candidate needs to have strong understanding of the mission and broad range of technologies associated with Command, Control, Communications, and Infrastructure. Candidate must also posses strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline and 18 years of technical experience required; 16 years of experience with Masters; 13 years with PhD
- Active DoD secret clearance is required with the most recent background investigation within the last 5 years.
- Experience supporting ground systems development programs
- Experience with software development
- Experience in business development and capture
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM related discipline and 20 years of technical experience required; 18 years of experience with Masters; 15 years with PhD
- Active Top secret clearance
- Large C3 development programs systems engineering and software engineering
- Working with various software life cycle processes and developmental methodologies, e.g., IEEE 12207, DO-178C, Agile Software Development
- The use of Model Based System Engineering to capture the requirements baseline, interfaces, and a functional architecture
- The use of models, simulation, and analysis to guide and inform the technical baseline
- A deep understanding of communications technologies including the use of multiple frequencies, secure waveforms, and resilient communications
- RMF controls development and implementation
- Cyber applications within a closed weapon-system network
- Working with Architecture and Engineering firms for operational facilities development
- Development of ground systems infrastructure such as power, HVAC, and
- Tracking new technologies and involvement with technology insertion
- Automation approaches across the development lifecycle
- Maturing product Technology Readiness Levels to drive down risk
- People leadership and the use of influence to guide teams
- Working with a geographically distributed team
- Working with company executives at the Director and VP level on a daily or weekly basis
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.