Location: Midtown Manhattan
We have been retained to identify the right CFO for a Midtown Manhattan project-based, private equity-backed business services company. This organization is a leader in its space and is well positioned for aggressive growth and value creation. It is backed by a leading, transformational, Chicago-based, middle-market private equity firm that partners closely and collaboratively with management. Together with the Board of Directors and the CEO, all stakeholders are committed to sharpening strategy and execution, delivering organic and acquisitive growth, and strengthening the leadership team.
We are seeking a candidate with:
- 20+ years of progressive financial management experience, including a minimum of 3-5 years of recent CFO experience in the business services industry.
- Experience in a project-based business characterized by multiple and concurrent complex projects.
- An understanding of labor utilization, fixed-bid contracts, revenue recognition, sales pipeline analysis, and bonding requirements.
- An operational orientation and an ability to lead in an entrepreneurial, resourceful manner.
- A track record of consistently delivering targeted results with lean resources and an eye toward optimizing eventual exit value of the business.
- Experience with add-on acquisitions and leading the integration of acquired companies is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial systems and infrastructure, including developing financial reporting and internal controls in an organic and acquisitive growth environment.
- Senior financial leadership experience of a $750M or greater P&L.
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting; a CPA or MBA preferred.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CFO will be responsible for all aspects of financial, systems, and administrative management and provide key leadership in corporate and operational financial functions, including financial and operational control; planning, forecasting, and analysis; cash flow; treasury; audit; taxes; transfer pricing; information systems; investments and corporate development.
In addition to providing financial leadership, this individual will:
- Function as a strategic business partner and a problem solver.
- Take charge of the financial and reporting aspects of the company.
- Lead, manage, assess and help build a high-performance team and growth culture based on providing value to customers, direct communication, compliance, and accountability.
- Help drive the performance, business planning, and growth orientation of the business.
- Manage relationship with banks in a leveraged environment.
- Lead the due diligence process and financial integration efforts of add-on acquisitions.
- Liaise seamlessly between the company, the board, and fund-level management.
- Partner closely with the CEO to lead the company through a profitable exit at the end of the hold period.