CMTC is currently seeking a dedicated, seasoned professional to become a critical member of its executive leadership team as Chief Financial Officer/CFO. CMTC's Mission: To serve to manufacture as a trusted advisor providing solutions that impact and grow California.
CMTC's Vision: California's trusted resource for the thriving manufacturing industry.
Accountability: Oversee and represent the Finance/Accounting department in communication with corporate leadership and external vendors, and internal and external partners; Provide enterprise level expertise by managing a financial team for our organization; Recommend and implement accounting advances for business efficiencies. Responsibilities include:
- The position is designated as a CMTC Corporate Officer.
- Fulfills the role of Corporate Secretary and Treasurer for CMTC.
- As Corporate Secretary, attends Board meetings, as a guest, keeping a book of conference and committee minutes.
- Delivers financial reports to the Board at quarterly meetings.
- Coordinates all CMTC audits, attend audit meetings and presents audit findings with the audit firm at appropriate Board Meetings.
- Manages all aspects of the accounting function, including financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, billing/collections, accounts payable, cash applications, taxes, and payroll.
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to assist in department management including, but not limited to; budget, revenue, and financial performance.
- Leads the annual budget process and coordinates all aspects of it between senior management, practice group leaders, directors and office administrators, along with a continual review, analysis, and recommendations throughout the year.
- Evaluates, upgrades, and manages CMTC's financial systems to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting to multiple constituencies
- Advises on economic issues such as capital structure, employee compensation, CMTC partnerships, cooperative agreements and sub-recipient agreements, and provides input into the strategic direction of CMTC.
- Develops financial analyses and benchmarks relating to a client, matter, and practice group profitability, new client intake, alternative fee arrangements, and other metrics. Includes giving guidance on rate structures and staffing budgets.
- Establishes/maintains appropriate internal controls, monitoring cash flow and cash management, and identifying and implementing cost control initiatives.
- Manages banking relationships and other external parties with whom financial information is exchanged.
- Develops documents, communicates, and enforces policies and procedures relating to all financial functions and CMTC expense guidelines.
- Ensures the timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax reports and ERISA reports, as well as responding to financial surveys and insurance applications.
- Manages the relationship with the Company’s audit firm and coordinates interactions
- Supervises and mentors a team of high-quality professionals that add value and plays a vital role as CMTC grows and diversifies.
- Acts as the company’s financial advisor.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible senior-level financial experience in a multi-office, mid-sized or larger professional services environment (CFO-level experience preferred) (working in a non-profit environment a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles (e.g., CPA or MBA Finance emphasis).
- Comprehensive working knowledge of financial application software is preferred.
- Complete understanding of current and emerging technologies related to financial systems, including a proven track record of using technology-based solutions to streamline manual processes and improve access to information.
- An insightful and proactive thinker who can efficiently process large quantities of data for presentation concisely and understandably.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with proven ability to build and motivate a team and to work at a strategic level within a complex, fast-paced business environment.
- Strong communication and presentational skills in person, on the phone, and via email.
Financial Applications Software
- Sales Force
- Financial Force
Demonstrate and Champion CMTC Core Values:
- Customer Focus – To provide the value to stay engaged
- Innovative Orientation – To create unique and impactful solutions
- Employee Centric – To contribute to making CMTC a “Great Place to Work.”
- Collaborative Mindset – To accept the contribution of others for broader and more diverse thinking
- A desire to Learn – To increase capabilities and customer value
- Passion for the Mission & Vision - To ensure we make a difference
For consideration, please submit your credentials to email@example.comHelp or Jeri Summer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.