Stampin’ Up! is looking for a Chief Technology Officer.
This might be the job for you if you
- Develop and implement technology initiatives through vision and leadership.
- Innovate with a proactive “imagine what’s possible approach” to establish a long-term strategy that drives sustainable revenue and profit growth.
- Understand how technology supports relationships and builds community.
- Desire to work for an established and stable company in an environment that strongly supports family and work-life balance.
And you’re up to these challenges
- Lead and drive enterprise transformation, collaborating with fellow members of our corporate team to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Keep our offering relevant and engaging by identifying, evaluating, and implementing new technologies.
- Establish and implement a vision for technology, which supports and advances the interests of creativity and papercrafting through a network of social sellers.
Stampin’ Up! is a global community of papercrafters in the direct sales industry. With a growing base of nearly 50,000 demonstrators and countless customers in ten different countries, we make a difference by sharing creativity and building relationships every day. This year we’re celebrating our 30th anniversary!
Statement of the Heart (our mission)
To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments . . . in this we make a difference.
Values We Hold Near and Dear
- Personal Development
- Positive Environment
A Day in the Life of the CTO
- Collaborate with other departments to analyze current and future business needs and translate them into tangible business processes.
- Stay current on technology trends and advise the business of opportunities and risks.
- Create an IT division strategy and roadmap that aligns with and supports the company’s goals and objectives.
- Mentor and develop direct reports to achieve their essential job functions, gain a broader perspective of the business, and develop skills to advance in responsibility.
- Create a cohesive and trusting environment among team members and with other areas of the company.
- Work with other members of the corporate team to establish vision and direction for the company and communicate it clearly throughout the organization.
- Build relationships with demonstrators by attending their classes, clubs, workshops, team meetings, and catalog open houses.
- Oversee the annual budget for IT to ensure effective use of resources.
- Build and establish helpful networks and relationships with top executives and business experts to leverage growth opportunities for Stampin’ Up!
Skills that put you in the running
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field—MS/MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of software engineering, development, or other IT experience
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Ability to give presentations to small and large audiences
- Effective leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Sound decision-making ability
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, and planning skills
- Proven track record of consistent follow-through, credibility, and integrity to foster trust, lead process improvement, and implement change initiatives
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work within budget, forecasting, and time constraints
- Ability and desire to travel
- Comprehensive understanding of business operations and functions to enable valuable contribution on cross-departmental teams and projects
- The ability to laugh at yourself and receive feedback with genuine interest in self-improvement
Extras that give you an edge
- Working knowledge of innovation theory a plus