Ø Role / Title – Cisco (BroadSoft) Platform Certification & Advanced Technical Support Engineer
Ø Location: Middletown NJ
Ø Duration – 12+ Months
Ø Tentative Start Date – Asap
Ø Job Description:
The ideal candidate will
- Possess 5+ years of Cisco (Broadsoft) Platform experience supporting VoIP and/or Mobility services.
- Be capable of a high level of independent work while balancing the demands of both project-based and ad hoc tasks.
- Have a strong background in networking protocols, design, and principles of data and packet-based networks.
- Have strong organizational skills, be action oriented, results driven, and work with minimal direction.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of our BroadSoft BroadWorks based Unified Communications solution.
- Perform system maintenance, including patch evaluations and recommendations, systems upgrade recommendations, development of MOPs and test plans, lab testing, and execution of patching/upgrades in concert with the Operations team
- Responsible for production support of platform related issues for problem and troubleshooting/diagnosis and resolution
- Responsible for test planning and execution of VM Integration, VM configuration, and network validation testing in a large telecommunications environment.
- Experience with End to End call flow and BroadSoft platform troubleshooting techniques.
- Developing test scripts and plans; Perl and / or Shell scripting experience is a plus
- Provide Lab environment test support
- Deep understanding and debugging capabilities for SIP and WireShark traces/captures
- Attend project meetings to review system and test requirements
- Provide production and escalation support to Operations and Service teams
- Report and analyze Change Management activities across the VoIP network
- Provide on-call support for after hour emergencies and exceptions
- Execute assigned tasks within assigned timeframes and budgets. May work with and take direction from project managers to ensure completion as necessary.
- BroadSoft BroadWorks Technical Certification or 5+ years of BroadSoft platform experience with configuration and troubleshooting in Linux.
- Expert level knowledge of the BroadSoft Broadworks platform ranging from client facing troubleshooting to system patching and maintenance
- Experience providing Collaboration services via BroadWorks UMS, USS, and UVS platforms.
- Strong problem and troubleshooting/diagnosis and resolution experience.
- Experience with VoIP and/or Mobility Solutions with extensive knowledge of Dial Plans, Call Features and Media Resources
- Unix skills and knowledge of OpenStack and relevant protocols for virtual services design like HTML, XML, Java, Python is a plus.
- Domain 2 Client’s Integrated Cloud (AIC) Platform: Experience with cloud environment / infrastructure & knowledge and hands on experience in Openstack including Openstack Heat.
- Strong communications skills – required for working directly with vendors, customers, and manage/direct outage bridges.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal collaboration, and communication skills (excellent oral and technical writing skills) required.
- Issue management and tracking (good project management and record keeping skills)
- Knowledge of quality/bug tracking systems (i.e. Quality Center, TMATS) and testing processes
- Testing and field support after hours may be needed
- Deep understanding of the SIP protocol and IETF/ITUT standards in support of VoIP services. Examples: RFCs 3261, 3262, 3264, 4566, etc. a plus.
- Experience in automation. Ability to write working code or scripts to analyze data and automate platform related testing and maintenance.
Sr. Associate, Recruitment