Huitt-Zollars' Rio Rancho, NM office has an excellent career opportunity for a Civil Engineer Graduate EIT to assist project managers in design preparation of public works and land development project plans including street, storm drain, sewer, water, grading, storm water quality management plans, drainage reports, cost estimates, proposals, parcel maps, exhibits, etc. This is a great opportunity for an engineer to work on great projects and advance their career.
HZ is a leading AEC firm providing innovative planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery to our clients in the public and private sector. We provide quality solutions for our clients and employment opportunities to qualified talent.
Produce design plans for public works and transportation projects; roads, streets, storm drain, sewer, water and reclaimed water, trails, schools, utilities and civil facilities
Assist in preparation of on-site private grading, storm drain, utility plans, earthwork estimates, construction quantity estimates
- Assist in preparation of estimates of cost, water quality management plans, drainage studies, sewer capacity studies, water system analysis
- Process plans through respective agencies, client and project team communication and coordination
- Assist in preparation of public street, storm drain, sewer, water street lighting, signing and striping improvement plans
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering
- EIT Certification a plus
- 0-4 years experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel Project and PowerPoint
- Proficient in MicroStation a plus
- Knowledge of construction means, methods and techniques
- Ability to prepare civil engineering documents and specifications for projects
- Ability to read redlines and modify drawings accurately
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP
Please apply online at: https://external-huitt-zollars.icims.com
Job ID No: RR013
Huitt-Zollars is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or any other legally protected status. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company will make reasonable accommodations to assist in the application process upon the request of an applicant. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for discriminatory purposes.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 60-300.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.