DLZ Corporation recognizes the importance of serving the transportation industry’s needs. DLZ performs traffic engineering services in a broad range of areas from large cities to small towns and has thorough knowledge of relevant Department of Transportation policies, programs, procedures, and standards. Our scope of work involves all phases of traffic engineering. We know the strength and growth of the nation’s economy is closely linked to the strength of our roads, highways and bridges. DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top "Go-To" Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
DLZ Corporation currently has an opening for a Transportation Engineer – Project Manager / Department Manager in our Fort Wayne, IN office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage small to medium multi-discipline Transportation engineering projects from planning and procurement through start-up and construction.
- Assist in preliminary business development efforts.
- Review proposed contracts to determine significant parameters, time schedules and mileposts and define the major task areas.
- Resolve problems and coordinate the final turnover of the project to the client, as the principal contact with the client throughout the entire project.
- Direct the planning and development of the project scope, procedures, and budget.
- Coordinate all client contact, including correspondence between the company and the client and maintain working relationships at all levels throughout the period of the project.
- Ensure contractual commitments are met and the work is being performed according to the client's instructions.
- Maintain effective relationships with members of all divisions and departments responsible for performing services in connection with the project.
- Review and approve all major change orders and periodically review change order controls to determine their adequacy and whether change orders are current and adequate.
- Control and/or review all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates and reports. Responsible for quality control over the complete project.
- Monitor fees and budgets; report problems to the appropriate Department and Division Managers.
- Conduct periodic client meetings to review progress and discuss construction and engineering changes to project. Conduct kick-off and in-house progress meetings.
- Review and address health & safety concerns on projects assigned.
- Be actively involved in civic and professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 10 -15 years experience with publicly funded Transportation projects.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration.
- Experience with INDOT Procedures and Design manual (10 years min)
- Knowledge of with Pedestrian Trails / Multi-use Trail projects preferred.
- Experience with project budgeting and scheduling, conducting feasibility studies, preparing reports, and proposals.
- Experience performing construction monitoring, shop drawing reviews, and construction estimates.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites, complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
- Must possess a level of proficiency with software programs (analytical, modeling, CAD, GIS, project management, etc.) inherent to successful completion of the work assigned.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.