DLZ Corporation recognizes the importance of serving the transportation industry’s needs. DLZ performs traffic engineering services in a broad range of areas from large cities to small towns and has thorough knowledge of relevant Department of Transportation policies, programs, procedures, and standards. Our scope of work involves all phases of traffic engineering. We know the strength and growth of the nation’s economy is closely linked to the strength of our roads, highways and bridges.
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top "Go-To" Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
DLZ has a rewarding Engineering Project Manager – Transportation opportunity in our Chicago, IL office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multi-discipline Transportation engineering projects from planning and procurement through start-up and construction.
- Perform and direct others in the design of complex Transportation Civil Engineering problems.
- Assist in preliminary Transportation business development efforts.
- Review proposed contracts to determine significant parameters, time schedules and mileposts and define the major task areas.
- Resolve problems and coordinate the final turnover of the project to the client, as the primary contact with the client throughout the entire project.
- Direct the planning and development of the project scope, procedures, and budget.
- Ensure contractual commitments are met and the work is being performed according to the client's instructions.
- Maintain effective relationships with members of all divisions and departments responsible for performing services in connection with the project.
- Control and/or review all project forecasts, schedules, cost estimates and reports. Responsible for quality control over the complete project; maintain project files.
- Monitor fees and budgets; report problems to the appropriate Department and Division Managers.
- Conduct client meetings to review progress and discuss construction and engineering changes to project.
- Review and address health & safety concerns on projects assigned.
- Work with the accounting department to keep billings and receipts current and accurate.
- Be actively involved in civic and professional activities, societies and organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 or more years experience in Roadway / Transportation design
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration required, must be registered in the state of Illinois or have the ability to obtain within 6 months of start date.
- Must be proficient with Microstation and Geopak.
- Experience with IDOT projects required.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.