Basalite Building Products, LLC is one of the largest manufacturers of concrete masonry products in the Western United States. Product lines include structural block, interlocking paving stones, engineered wall systems, retaining walls, ornamental and garden products, and a full range of sack goods. We are a proud member of the Pacific Coast Building Products Family of Companies
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Engineered Products Manager this position specifies/sells the various engineered products that Basalite manufactures to professional specifiers, public agencies, and contractors. The role covers the San Francisco and south bay area and requires a self-motivated, results-oriented sales professional with a strong technical aptitude and communication skills along with a passion to succeed. The Field Sales Engineer will develop new sales opportunities and optimize existing accounts to increase product market share and new product introduction. Interest and experience in territory management, new business development, and customer retention are primary factors of success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Promote, specify and sell concrete engineer products to contractors, dealers, designers and consulting engineers.
- Implement sales process to build partnering relationships with owners or owner representatives in key decision-making roles.
- Meet yearly sales quotas based on annual sales plans.
- Develop relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
- Perform take offs and bid the full spectrum of company products.
- Participates in industry shows and various professional associations to promote engineered products and Basalite Concrete Products.
- Attends in-house company and division sales meetings.
- Performs required activity reports, paperwork and maintains job files.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical, Construction Management or business preferred
- 1 – 3 years of customer service and/or some technical sales preferred
- Intermediate MS Office skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
- Customer/client focus
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to construction sites and client offices required
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel n Reach with hands and arms n Talk and listen n Stand, walk, and sit.
- Occasionally required to bend at the waist n Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Up to 50% daily travel time required. Overnight travel periodically required – 1 to 2 days a quarter.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Road traffic and Airplane noise conditions
- Professional office environment.
- Outdoor weather conditions at job site.
- Concrete plant environment.
- Various travel location temperatures – Northern climes during the winter and southern climes during the summer.
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace.