We are seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer for our Houston office with experience specific to the design and construction of buildings to assist in the determination of the cause, origin, and extent of construction defects, construction delays, structural failures, water intrusions, and other failures. An understanding and proficiency of installation standards, practices, and procedures within the building construction industry is essential. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Duties in this key position involve the investigation and analysis of residential, commercial, and industrial properties for the purpose of resolving claims and legal matters. Assignments may include contract disputes, installation deficiencies, material deficiencies, site evaluations, settlement investigations, structural assessments, and vibration analyses. Preparation of oral and written reports to document the causes of failure, extent of loss, associated work scope, and recommended remediation are essential as is providing opinions and expert testimony in litigation matters. Additional duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document on-site conditions, overseeing field-testing, and reviewing historical documentation.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering degree or higher with 10+ years of experience.
- P.E. required in the state of Texas.
- Previous daily construction project manager experience with a general contractor or developer to include preparing cost estimates, awarding sub-contracts, preparing schedules, coordinating activities, and responsibility for job site safety and profitability.
- A General Contractors license is preferred but not required.
- Must have high level of analytical skills and be a proficient technical writer and communication. Work required continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Must maintain a driver’s license and a reliable form of transportation.
- Rare, but occasionally work will require unusual hours.
- Project locations vary and may require limited out of town travel.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. and be able to perform inspections in confined spaces and high and/ or steep slope roofs.