Our client is seeking a Civil Superintendent for the new wind farm we are building in North Texas.
Our client is one of Spain's leading corporations, a front-runner in promoting and managing infrastructures, renewable energies, water and services. The Company goes back a hundred years and is made up of 30,000 professionals, and it is to be found in thirty countries on five continents.
- Supervise the timely and cost effective installation of the contracted work of either 1) the total project or, due to size, scale and complexity, 2) a particular scope(s), subcontractor(s), or other portion(s) of the project.
- Provide on-the-job training opportunities for Assistant Superintendents and Project/Office Engineers. Encourages and/or participates in staff training and development
- Develop a plan for sequence of work. Develop project schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place in accordance with contract documents.
- Have working knowledge of owner contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all critical path material and equipment.
- Know submittal schedule. * Update project schedule monthly and in accordance with contract documents.
- Control field costs for the company and subcontract work. Supervise field work force to assure all work is put in place in the most cost efficient manner.
- Schedule and monitor field productivity.
- Have good working knowledge of equipment.
- Implement safety program. Conduct regular safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company, contract and government standards. Take remedial action when required.
- Implement the company's safety policies and procedures and corporate QC policies and programs.
- Assist in resolution of scope conflicts.
- Participate in the project management functions.
- Assure punch list is completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in marketing proposals and presentations
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related discipline
- 10+ years of experience with a large scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience. Heavy civil, rail, or highway experience needed.
- In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower
- Experience with a large scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead field operations
- In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations (i.e., OSHA)
Our client offers a competitive salary, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, and more.