Claim Specialist Proximity (RA1, RA2, RA3)
Number of Openings:
White Plains, NY
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and concludes claims including verification of coverage, legal liability and extent of damage to property, which may require contact by telephone, correspondence or in person
- Examines claims submitted by insureds and/or third parties, or such claims assigned from other claim units, for additional or specialized investigation as necessary for claim resolution
- Handles assigned claims and tasks, including claims which may involve large loss, multiple contacts, complex coverage issues and multiple site inspections
- Performs in-person inspections with customers to resolve claims
- Prepares and/or reviews property estimates and contents estimates in loss settlements
- Assists agents in the resolution of claims
******************* IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ **********************
This posting is for a Claims Specialist – handling weather-related homeowners, commercial, and large loss claims. Excellent customer service, relationship building skills, and decision making skills a must. Relevant claims experience preferred. This role will require the selected candidate to complete work/assignments which will include but is not limited to the following:
Must be willing to work flexible work shifts as operation dictates
May work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirement
May be required to work overtime
May require serving in or for geographic locations other than that of the assigned area
Position may require walking, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crawling and/or lifting objects.
Requires frequent lifting, carrying, unfolding and climbing a ladder and utilizing appropriate equipment in accordance with safety guidelines to traverse roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures to gather information needed during the adjustment of a claim
May be required to complete Rope and Harness Safety Training (RAST)
Reside within one of the zip codes associated with the location listed in the posting for which they are selected
LOCATION:White Plains, New York territory. Selected candidates will be required to reside within one of the zip codes associated with the location for which they are selected. *The acceptable zip codes for residency are as follows: 10601, 10603, 10607, 10606, 10605, 10583, 10590, 10591, 10573, 10570, 10562, 10549, 10571.
HOURS OF OPERATION: The Fire Proximity Claims Specialist role is non-exempt/overtime eligible. Employee is expected to work a standard 7 hour, 45 minute workday, at minimum. Customer needs will guide the start and end time of each day.
LICENSING: Continued employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements necessary to obtain appropriate state(s) mandated licenses. This includes successfully completing all applicable licensing exam(s), background checks & MVRs required of various state(s). Failure to do so may result in termination.
TRAINING: Training will vary upon selected candidate's experience. Overnight travel may be required for classroom training curriculum.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Competitive salary - commensurate with experience and education. Excellent benefits package(s), which includes health benefits, dental and vision plans, paid time off bank, a non-contributory pension and 401K plan. Eligibility may vary.
NEXT STEPS: Competitive Candidates will be required to complete several pre-employment, online assessments and may participate in phone interviews with a State Farm Recruiter and/or Claims Leadership.