The Claims Administrator processes customer claims for damages, shortages, and overages. Manages and evaluates the claims from initiation to completion. Administrator also monitors potential claims and provides updates on status of pending or active claims. Administrator also will work on supplier compliance issues as they relate to ProTrans and Customer Routing instructions. Administrator will as well support the Accounting Department with Bill Of Lading corrections as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides exceptional, professional customer service during customer interactions throughout the claims process.
- Applies knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Analyzes claims for all centers, Freight Management and 3PL Customers.
- Determines validity of claims – investigate claims from origination of shipment.
- Determines source and cause of claims.
- Evaluates costs associated with damages, shortages, or overages.
- Will Submit completed files to Manager for Determination if claim should be paid or denied.
- Submits Claims to Carriers providing all necessary documentation when filing. Maintaining accurate records and following up until final resolution has been achieved.
- Creates and maintains claim records
- Establishes and maintains necessary paperwork during the claims process.
- Applies knowledge of DOT, state, and country rules and regulations.
- Applies knowledge of insurance involving freight.
- Finalizes payout to customers after processed by Account Department.Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience.