Consumer Claims Associate
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future."
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To process claims and determine benefits due pursuant to credit card or other financial program benefits plans; to make timely payments and adjustments for specified program claims; and to provide superior customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes first party property claims based on basic coverage as defined by client-specific program.
- Makes coverage determinations based on investigation/evaluation.
- Adjudicates proper settlements or denials up to designated authority level under supervision.
- Handles high volume of claims, phone calls and correspondence ensuring claim files are properly documented; meets quality and production goals; and meets customer guidelines and deadlines.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing High school diploma or GED required. Licenses as required or willingness/ability to move toward obtaining appropriate licensing as required.
One (1) year of general office experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Claims industry experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of first party property claims adjudication as applicable to line of business
- Good oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Good organization skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer