CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading workers' compensation solutions for employers, third party administrators, insurance companies, and government agencies. Our continual investments in technology and human capital enable us to deliver the most innovative, integrated solutions. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture along with plenty of career advancement opportunities.
Manage within company standards and best practices complex and problematic high visibility workers' compensation claims within delegated limited authority to determine benefits due; work closely with case managers and attorneys; manage subrogation and negotiate settlements to ensure specific customer service requirement to achieve the best possible outcome in the claim.
- Receives claim, confirms coverage and acknowledgement of the claim
- Determine validity and compensability of the claim by investigating and gathering information regarding the claim and the file necessary documentation with the State of Oregon and/or State of Washington
- Establish reserves and authorize payments within reserving authority limits
- Develop and manage well documented action plan with the case manager, attorney, supervisor and client to reduce overall cost of the claim
- Coordinating early return-to-work efforts with the case manager and employer
- Negotiates settlements when necessary
- Actively manage the litigation process
- Identifies potential subrogation claims
- Communicate claim status with the customer and claimant
- Adhere to client guidelines and participate in claims review as needed
- Develops and maintains professional customer relationships
Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Knowledge of the entire claims administration, case management and cost containment solution as applicable to Workers' Compensation for the State of Oregon and/or State of Washington
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate insurance principles and laws for workers' compensation recoveries and offsets
- Five years of Workers' Compensation claims management experience preferred
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.